MK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones

3 posters

Go down

That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones Empty That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:05 am

That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones Bonebreakershaman_zps1888b500

BONEBREAKER SHAMAN = DEATH!!!

I have never seen a figure that spots deadly potential yet fairly balanced play.

I love the 1 damage close combat on the first click. Why? Typical of "Chaos shamans" we usually doubletime them to a good postion. 16 in speed should get you where you normally should be. Placing a high damage on the first click is effectively useless then. So they place the higher 3 damage on the 2nd more useful click.

Doubletime to the opponent's rear and watch your opponent squirm as he won't be allowed to free spin due to the sneak attack *sword* type ability (not disabled when you doubletime).

Next action? magestone trance to "BONEBREAK" them with a sneak attack double damage (6). Since you will be striking from the rear? then that's a +1 to the attack rating which gives you a respectable 11 attack rating by himself. Imagine if you had gang-up supporting figures or even better yet? a relic to boost those stats up!!!

now for the balance part... They gave it a "9" attack rating to make the magestone trance harder to re-execute. I'd think it imbalanced if they gave him a 7 or 6 base attack rating and a higher attack bonus. The doubletime to rear and sneak attack inherent ability is already incredibly powerful by itself!

Imagine if this guy had the rage hammer relic and bracers of the giant item... doubletime 16-2 = 14in into the rear. Magestone trance for the next action. Sneak attack double-damage plus the 1 damage from the bracer of the giant + the second free attack courtesy of the rage hammer relic (another 3+1 damage). That's a whooping 11 damage!!!

another cool relic would be "PAIN"!!! instead of the 3 damage at the second click, you can roll a 1d6 and get a chance to get a 4-6 roll to deal twice the damage via sneak attack!

Now if range is your thing? then simply adding a scroll of storms item will temporarily boost his range damage from 3 to 6 in one turn... If the opponent is unlucky enough to be within front arc and 9in range? you get to shoot it twice via magestone trance for 12 range damage in total!

these are just a few of the many great combos!!!discover yours!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mkpinoy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones Empty Re: That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 am

can it wield relics?

Back to top Go down

That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones Empty Re: That BONE BREAKER SHAMAN can really break bones

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:58 pm

The Nexus expansion had all figures capable of wielding relics. The base of these figures will be as big as the Slotted base figures.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:42 am

This guy could not possibly wield scroll of storms since he is a sword type.Razz 

Anyway, it's good that they decided to bring back abilities like Sneak Attack! So far the orcs are looking pretty solid!Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:26 pm

ODJN7 wrote:This guy could not possibly wield scroll of storms since he is a sword type.Razz 

Anyway, it's good that they decided to bring back abilities like Sneak Attack! So far the orcs are looking pretty solid!Twisted Evil 
Oops yup good point. Got too excited :-) . I guess I added that option in there in case it gets an errata to be a wand type figure instead.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harkonius Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 am

9" Range, Sword type, Sneak Attack for the first few clicks, and then gains Magic Healing?

Who else here thinks its a misprint and it should really be Wand type and Mage Blast instead?
Harkonius
Harkonius

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:22 pm

I honestly think it's supposed to be a wand-type... but the name does imply a BONEBREAKER... I'd bet that getting sneak-attacked from the rear can hurt a good number of bones :-)

welcome to the site Harkonius
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mageprince23 Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:51 pm

i think this orc has the sword type attack type... guess because of his high trance roll it will be fair even if he had the sneak attack ability...Smile 
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:35 pm

And a short dial makes trancing... a life ending experience
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 am

I too think thiswas supposed to be a wand type and it might be errata-ed sooner or later. Then again, I am loving it being a sword type. Sneak attack and magestone trance is just perfect and it definitely lives up to its "bone breaker" name. I sincerely hope it does not get errata-ed. Smile

As for the high trance roll needed, I think it's one of the things that make this piece fun and exciting to play. Just make sure the sneak attack does hit or suffer the consequences. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:55 am

Admin wrote:And a short dial makes trancing... a life ending experience
True. It happened to me twice on our last game. Smile

ORC SMART!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm

wag nga kyo sword type cya wahahahahaha

sneak attack+trance deads cya pero he can take a fig along with him dat i like brings back 1.0 memories of mortis Very Happy

WALA NANG COCONTRA SSSSWWWWOOOORRRRDDDDD TYPE CYA!!!!!!!

hahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down