MK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt

2 posters

Go down

BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt Empty BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt

Post by Admin Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:35 pm

Book of Power on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt
Book of Power special text:
When the wielder is given an action, for the duration of the action it gets +3 to both it's speed and attack values and ALL OF IT'S SPECIAL ABILITIES ARE IGNORED.

Frenzy special ability text:
A warrior with Frenzy cannot capture or be captured. If this warrior is a captor when it gains Frenzy, its captive is eliminated.

Can a FRENZY Figure wielding Book of Power declare a capture attempt since the frenzy special ability is ignored?

- He would Get a +3 to the attack rating to stave of the -3 penalty of the capture attempt.
- If he succeeds with the capture roll, he regains the frenzy and thus kills the captive automatically.

xxxxxx

As per Sigma:

Your interpretation looks valid to me. The question kind of boils down to "does ignored mean that it's not there for game purposes during the duration of the ignoring thing?" I think I would rule "yes".

However, I think this specific situation is going to be rare, since Wand figures cannot make capture attempts. I'm trying to think of a way for either a sword-type figure to end up equipping the Book of Power, or a Wand-type figure to temporarily gain sword attack type. (There may be a way that I'm just overlooking, though).

xxxxx
Typical for Nexus Relics, Surprisingly the "BOOK" of power does not have ANY attack-type requirements.

It's ONLY FAQ entry is:

RS-023 Book of Power Replace the first sentence of the rules text with:
A wielder without the *wand* attack type may not assign spells to or use spells assigned to Book of Power.

It can then be wielded by practically ANY slotted figure 42points and above.

Hehehe I guess a new toy for Oracle Kastali... Copy Frenzy start of turn, have the Midnight Watch Adventuring Company, Surge in to get into her sweet 11 attack rating with the +3 bonus from the book +2 from midnight watch and -3 for the capture attempt. Then gain Frenzy after the action and *Poof* Off with their head and Vampirism?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mkpinoy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt Empty Re: BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt

Post by Mageprince23 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:21 am

Give the book to the nexus warbear haha
Mageprince23
Mageprince23

Back to top Go down

BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt Empty Re: BOOK OF POWER on a Frenzy Figure declaring a capture attempt

Post by Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

hahahaha sound valid din nmn 2 me man Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 pm

My favorite candidates?

Nexus Pyre Spirit
Nexus War Bear
Nexus Dark Berserker
Nexus PitKing
Boneshard
Oracle Kastali
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://mkpinoy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:43 pm

boneshard!!! now he has a freaking use!! haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down